Wednesday, August 3, 2011

More Broken Bits

I am truly amazed how many things you can break on a moth. I spent a lot of time on the water last weekend in a variety of conditions, everything from 5 to 25 kts. Thankfully nothing actually broke on the water. I was hoping to take Mothball 1 up to the Montana Cup this weekend so I broke everything down after sailing and inspected everything and made a list of repairs I wanted to make before trying to race the boat. Here it is:

1. Fix ripped grommets in the tramps
2. Reinforce vang mount
3. Reinforce forestay attachment
4. Repair rack joints
5. Replace mast rotation pin
6. Reinforce gantry attachments
7. fix wand tip
8. Modify spreader attachment
9. Fix rudder pintle holes

Luckily all of these are easy fixes. I'm hoping that I'm running out of parts that can break. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to make the MT Cup afterall, but its nice to know that I'll be ready next time...

No comments: