Monday, August 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

This was a good weekend for Mothball1. Not only do we have some of the internal bulkhead bogged in place and the deck shaped, but I also transported the boat back to my house. The ride home was a bit more eventful than I was hoping. About ten minutes after we left with the boat on top of the car we drove through a fairly large rain and hail storm. There was nothing we could do about it so we just kept driving hoping it wouldn't damage the raw wood on the hull too much. After we stopped I inspected the boat and found no hail or water damage at all. Yay!

Having the boat at home should speed up the construction process considerably. There is still lots to do, but with the boat in the garage I should be able to spend a lot more time working on it. I spent a bit of time sanding on the bottom of the hull and it turns out that the major screw-up that I did at the beginning of the project isn't going to take that much to fix. A bit of sanding and some filler should fix most of the problem areas. The boat should begin looking very Mothish over the next few weeks.

No comments: