Monday, October 3, 2011

End of the Road

This weekend was the last mothing in Montana, and a beautiful weekend it was. The breeze was a bit variable, but I did get a few good sessions. My last sail was in 7-10 kts of breeze and I logged 14 miles in 1.5 hours at an average speed of about 10 kts. I also pulled off four fully jibes and didn’t ever get the sail wet. I’m to the point I’d feel pretty comfortable taking Mothball 1 somewhere to race and I don’t even think I’d embarrass myself. But for now it’s time to start thinking snow (forecasted for Friday). Mothball one will be fully stripped down and prepared for a full refinishing next spring. I have some ideas for mods and new parts, but I’ll save that for another day.

2 comments:

Anthony Kotoun said...

Why don't you come on down to Miami? We will have all skill levels present!

Bob Abelin said...

I'd love to drive to Miami, if it were 2,000 miles closer. What's the chance of borrowing a boat?