Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Design Drawing


I've had several inquiries about the design for Mothball 1. I have no problem with giving out the design details, but it wasn't in any form that I could easily digitize since it was all on paper. Finely I just decided to take a picture of my large hand drawing and then clean it up with a photo editor. Here's what I came up with. It looks reasonably good I guess. If you want to see how it all goes together just print this out on some card stock, cut it out, fold along the thin red lines and then tape the edges. If anyone wants to take this and make it into a formal CAD drawing, feel free. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the design.

4 comments:

MARKLA said...

only dressmakers use centimetres

Bob Abelin said...

Just be glad I didn't use cubits! :)

Unknown said...

trying not to be demanding, do you have bulkhead sizes?

btw: real men use "hands" (bad pun)

Bob Abelin said...

At your request I will compose a sweeping symphony about the joys of bulkheads.